By now I suppose we all know, the 13th Doctor is a woman! Now, if you are the kind of person that is fine with a time travelling alien that cuts about in a wee police box that’s actually massive inside but you can’t get your head round the Doctor being a woman then you need to catch a grip of yourself.
Jodie Whittaker has had the majority of the internet searching her name (a high percentage of Doctor Who fans also had to look up ‘Woman’ (yup, I went for the sci-fi virgin joke in brackets in brackets, and what?) too) so we thought we would get all the facts in one place for you with our guide of all you need to know about the 13th Doctor, Jodie Whittaker.
- This isn’t the first time she will have come up against murderous aliens. In the 2011 movie Attack the block, Whittaker played Sam who teamed up with the inner city kids that had already mugged her to fight an alien invasion on their tower block. You might also remember that a young John Boyega appeared in the film too, I wonder if he has appeared in anything since…
- Her parents might be psychic. OK, that might be pushing it but naming their child after Jodie Foster certainly seemed to steer her down a career path that was perfect for her.
- She is an ambassador for Mencap, a charity for people with learning disabilities. Jodie’s nephew Harry Whittaker, who tragically died at the age of 3, had Downs syndrome and played the part of Leo Dingle in Emmerdale. Whittaker had this to say about her role in the charity “As proud aunty to Harry it has been fantastic to be able to help raise awareness for people with learning disabilities.All we want is for Harry to grow up in a safe and unprejudiced society where people with Down’s syndrome or any learning disability are given the support and care they need.”
- She isn’t the only famous face in her marriage. She has been married to Christian Contreras since 2008. You might have seen him in Halo: Nightfall, Zero Dark Thirty and American Odyssey.
- Think she can’t handle aliens? Whittaker has already done one of the hardest things you can by giving birth in 2015. Having felt light headed at an antenatal class recently I can only say she must be hard as nails!
There you go, there’s a few things that you might not have known but one thing is for sure, we are going to be hearing a LOT more about Jodie Whittaker and we can’t wait!
Show Comments (0)